View Single Post
Aleslosh

Old December 23rd, 2013, 04:58 AM
My style of GMing is similar to that above. I build a world with all of the major components installed (major cities, major personalities, major plot lines, etc.) and flesh it out as my players walk through it. In one case, I made the major plot line so difficult to complete (at their current level) that the players had to find and explore the areas around them - building and planning against the day that they would go against the "big bad" and gaining the necessary strength (and XP) through a series of sub plots that came out of their own actions and conversations with NPCs. In another instance, I took a canned module and adapted it to my world (to give me a break from extensive writing, etc.) and guided a conversation so that the PCs "naturally" fell right into the canned module.

Although Realm Works is not available to me yet, the software seems as though it will adapt well to any style of GMing I choose to use. I'll be able to build my "skeleton" world and flesh it out as I go along and/or bring in a "canned" module if I so choose to do so.

"Flexibility" is one of the main features of RW that I look forward to....and of course: Player Views, Fog of World, map tagging/linking, etc., etc., etc.!
Aleslosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote