View Single Post
diamondb

Old April 8th, 2017, 05:36 PM
I had a long rant about how I teetered on the edge of leaving and the pros and cons I had juggled with RW, but I deleted it. I still have my files in RW, I'll likely keep using it as an organizational tool, I want RW to succeed and I want to love RW. However, I don't know if it will ever live up to the hopes and dreams I had for it. The content market is a non-issue for me, I never intended to use it and my switch to 5e hammered a few more nails in that coffin (a switch that is likely going to be the end of my HeroLab use as well).

The one issue that keeps me questioning my continued use of RW is the inability to print from the program. Yes, yes EightBitz, I know you addressed the ability to print.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
As for printing, you can do that now. When LWD introduced the import/export function, the first thing I did was write a PowerShell script that transforms the XML output into HTML.
I applaud your work (and the work of all the community members making RW and HeroLab great). My issue, however, is why must a third-party community member have to write a script to provide us with functionality that should have been part of the program in the first place? I understand the need to focus on revenue streams, but I feel the functionality I hoped would come from RW was sacrificed for the sake of those revenue streams and I fear that functionality will never arrive. Unless, of course, the community steps up and patches the holes.

Sorry, if that still sounded ranty, maybe my frustration got the better of me. I'm still a user, I just wonder sometimes how much longer I will remain and what I will use if I ever leave.
diamondb is offline   #43 Reply With Quote