View Single Post
kbs666

Old February 15th, 2017, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Wiki does it injustice IMO. Realm Works is so much more.

It's a dm binder full to the brim of every piece of information I have ever found that I thought might be useful that's is perfectly organised and goes out of its way to help me find the information I need when and where I need it. Realm Works is my OCD side. It organises everything to enable me to forget about organisation while I am running a session. It let's me let the story take control because I have faith that Realm Works is there backing me up when I need to get back on track quickly. It's got a much better memory than me which means my stories are lasting longer and becoming more details. It's the reason I will make the leap from pre made content to building a world of my own.
I've always built my own worlds. I've been a GM off and on, mostly on, since 1979 when I got the blue box of D&D as a gift. I ran my friends through the adventure that came in the box and then had to start building a world and adventures since there wasn't exactly a ton of stuff on the market back then and my allowance wouldn't have let me buy it even if there was.

RW turns the process of building a world into one of simplest pleasure. Everything fits together. Nothing gets forgotten or misplaced. The more you think about the world and fill in the blanks the more easily and naturally adventures just fall into place.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #42 Reply With Quote