View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 24th, 2017, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
Is there any secret to putting a condition on bootstrapping an archetype?

I'm trying to set up an "automatic Gifted Blade" rule option for the Soulknife without directly editing the Soulknife class (so it can be kept in a separate file). Just bootstrapping the Gifted Blade archetype from a Mechanic is simple, but it seems impossible to make a condition that does anything useful (like, say, check if you actually have any Soulknife levels). In that context there's a "Condition phase/priority (...) for bootstrap thing '...' occurs after earliest rule/script (GlobalTest/10500)" error, and I know the Classes.? tags only get added up somewhere early in the First phase.
You are correct in that this is not an easy one to pull off. I have an archetype that is automatically applied to Unchained Rogue in my personal data set. This applies my groups houserules (Shadowd20) to the unchained rogue.

HERE is a link to the code on GitHub for you too look at.

For all my mechanics I create a "Simple" Thing in the editor which is bootstrapped to my Mechanic. Makes it easier to keep stuff in pieces.

Basically the Simple Thing bootstrap condition is looking for a specific tag (Shadowd20.arS2URog01) to be present on the hero at phase="GlobalTest" priority="10050". Then the Simple Thing has an eval script that runs at phase="GlobalTest" priority="10000". It uses a findchild to attempt to see if the unchained rogue class help Pick is live on the hero. If it is I assign the tag Shadowd20.arS2URog01 to the hero.

In this case you won't be able to use Shadowd20.? tag group as that is a custom group I created for my houserules. I would recommend using a new "Custom.?" tag that you create on the Simple or Mechanic Thing that you will push to the hero and then test that in the bootstrap condition.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #20 Reply With Quote