View Single Post
Aeternyx

Old July 3rd, 2018, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Not sure on your experience. I find Hero Lab to be very efficient. You can set Realm Works up the same way as you did in One Note though. You could paste in a picture of the stat blocks you need into the place you are documenting the encounter. Personally if I am planning a large encounter I will create a Hero Lab portfolio that contains all the monsters. It's the most efficient approach I've found. You could also create a topic for a specific encounter and put all the stat blocks within it.
Thanks for the all the info! It seems helpful and I'll take a look.

When I tried HeroLab, I found it to be great for quickly loading an encounter and doing things like initiative. But modifying health and status effects just had a few too many button clicks per action. I am used to either doing it by hand, or using http://improved-initiative.com, which, while having it's own problems, has the benefit of being free and allowing for extremely quick changes to health and stuff. You simply click the current health for the creature from the overview, type a number, and hit enter. Hero Lab requires you to bring up an extra screen in between.

TBH, I'm not sure if that's a Hero Lab thing or just the implementation of 5e in it though. Could be either. I didn't try playing with it for other systems.
Aeternyx is offline   #6 Reply With Quote