View Single Post
Sendric

Old April 30th, 2018, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benevalent View Post
Shape of the breath, cone and line. And damage types, Fire, Cold, Acid, lightning, poison. Wow thanks for the help.
No problem.

So, assuming you want to use a DC in line with a typical 3.5 breath weapon, you can bootstrap xBreathWea to your race, and then use a script to modify it based on your color selection. Here's how I would probably handle that.

When you create each color as a special, assign a number to the fields Value (damage type) and Value2 (shape). You can assign field values by clicking on the "Fields" button in the upper right of the editor below "Summary Text".

For example, when you create the special "Black", you would assign Value=1 and Value2=1.

You then create a script in the feat to use those values and assign the appropriate information to the breath weapon. Something like this:

Code:
~ If we haven't chosen anything, get out now
  doneif (field[fChosen].ischosen = 0)

~ Set our livename equal to actual name
hero.childfound[xBreathWea].field[livename].text = hero.childfound[xBreathWea].field[name].text

~ add damage amount, type and shape to livename
if (field[fChosen].chosen.field[Value].value = 1) then
    hero.childfound[xBreathWea].field[livename].text &= ", 2d6 acid"
elseif (field[fChosen].chosen.field[Value].value = 2) then
    hero.childfound[xBreathWea].field[livename].text &= ", 2d6 lightning"
etc...
endif

if (field[fChosen].chosen.field[Value].value2 = 1) then
    hero.childfound[xBreathWea].field[livename].text &= ", 30' line"
elseif (field[fChosen].chosen.field[Value].value2 = 2) then
    hero.childfound[xBreathWea].field[livename].text &= ", 15' cone"
endif
If you want the damage to increase as it does in 5e, you can add a variable that is used to determine the amount of damage, like this:

Code:
var dmg as string
if (herofield[tHitDice].value >= 16) then
     dmg = "5d6"
elseif (herofield[tHitDice].value >= 11) then
     dmg = "4d6"
etc...
endif
You can also come up with a fancy calculation if you want. Either way, you would then modify the previous script to include this new damage amount like this:

Code:
if (field[fChosen].chosen.field[Value].value = 1) then
    hero.childfound[xBreathWea].field[livename].text &= ", " & dmg & " acid"
elseif (field[fChosen].chosen.field[Value].value = 2) then
    hero.childfound[xBreathWea].field[livename].text &= ", " & dmg & " lightning"
etc...
endif
Hopefully, this all makes sense. You might need to play around with the timing a bit, but I suspect that anything from post-levels to final should work.

Note that I haven't tested this, so if you run into any trouble let me know, and I'd be happy to take a look at it. Easier if you can post the user file here so I don't have to re-create anything.
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote