View Single Post
Merion

Old January 17th, 2017, 07:08 AM
Questions from a newbie (just bought HL today):

I want to use HL to run my encounters out of Realm Works. For this I need to build my encounters first via the encounter builder in HL (right?). Now right of the bat, I needed a monster not in the three bestiaries, but luckily in the Pathfinder Pack (the shrieker from Forgotten Foes, https://is.gd/bRZOUX). So, I went and followed the installation instruction for the community pack.
Now when I open HL and am presented with the char creation view, I check the box for Forgotten Foes on the right side. But when I try to set the race of the char to shrieker, I only get violet fungus (because it mentions shriekers in its description).
But that's not what I really want, so I go to the encounter builder and search for shrieker. Now all I got is Beetle, Giant Boring.

And even that beetle triggers a warning, because it wants Occult Adventures. Before downloading the community pack, I checked the forum entry and there was no mentioning of any prerequisites. For the deprecated Community Bestiary there were some mentioned, but for the unified pack nothing was said, so I assumed the creators somehow got rid of these dependencies.

Which leads me to my questions:
1. Can I even use the Pathfinder Pack with just the basic Rulebook package of HL and the bestiary bundle added?
2. If yes, what am I doing wrong? How do I find the shriekers?
3. If no, what do I need to use it?

Thanks in advance!

PS: Sorry if this has been answered before, but I lack to time to read through the 90+ pages of this thread.

Last edited by Merion; January 17th, 2017 at 07:12 AM.
Merion is offline   #937 Reply With Quote