View Single Post
joepacelli

Old December 5th, 2017, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post
Don’t plan too far ahead with this, Joe.

I ran the 3.5e version of the campaign for Pathfinder Beta characters, and I found the PCs to be very strong compared to the 3.5e equivalents. I presume Paizo knows that my experiences are not unique (the forums would indicate thus), and they likely have beefed up the encounters a bit.

I’d run through the first dozen or so encounters without boosting them. If necessary, take over control of the leveling process and only level them up when you think the encounters are tough enough. I have found this to be a better approach when running APs vs. trying to track numerical XP counts...
Thanks, for the advice

This gaming group is really advantaged. We finished Rise of the Runelords over a year ago and switched to Shadowrun for this past year and will again go back to Pathfinder now.

I was maxing all the HP for the beast in the encounters and the party was 1 level lower than the recommended level within the module and they still walked all over those encounters. So I'm sure I'll be doing the same with Curse of the Crimson Throne.
joepacelli is offline   #5 Reply With Quote