View Single Post
Azhrei

Old March 31st, 2018, 12:18 PM
I've been reading the Paizo blog posts about P2e (their abbreviation, not mine) and I don't see a practical way to convert P1e (?) to P2e in an automated manner. Many things might convert pretty easily (objects might, like weapons and armor, and many magic items should convert) but they're shaking up the class structures quite a bit and changing the way feats are allocated, plus some skills and proficiencies get revamped. There's no data yet on specifics so maybe weapon stats will change significantly, maybe not, but from what they said about classes, it seems like a major shift.

I can tell you that I'm going to be moving my HL installation into a virtual machine. At some point, LW is going to drop HL Classic (likely not for a few years from now, at the soonest) and when they do, it might not be possible to authorize a license on a new computer. However, if I put it inside a VM, I can always move that VM to a new computer when I replace my old one, even if they do kill their web-based license server. (And this is the main reason I hate centralized license servers. At least LW allows one authorization for the computer to activated and stay activated. This thing where your computer must connect to the vendor's server at least every X number of days is terrible.)

#StandardDisclaimer #Ymmv #IMHO #BetterLuckNextTime #ImOuttaHashTags
Azhrei is offline   #40 Reply With Quote