View Single Post
MercurialJack

Old August 22nd, 2014, 05:33 AM
Hello!

I've tried both these apps (free versions) as I've been waiting for Android HeroLab support for ages. Thank you both for finally getting something onto the market.

I originally tried Philderbeast's app as it was available first. As far as I can see it only exports HTML from the .POR files that HeroLab outputs and then displays them in a browser window. This is great if all you want to do is read your stats as a replacement for a piece of paper, however I was looking for something a bit more interactive and useful.

The Dysfunctional_apps app is much more versatile and feature full. It basically replaces a need for a character sheet, set of dice, and having to do any kind of modifications to your base stats during the game. I use it on a tablet (Nexus 10) and I love the portrait mode as it shows more info without the need to scroll. It's really handy for tracking the increase in stats when I Wild Shape, get buffed etc, and the included dice rollers are incredibly useful. The app really comes into its own when I'm DMing - I tried it in our Thursday game last night and it was really useful. I have all of my players' sheets open and I can roll saves, perception checks etc for all of them without them even being aware.

Granted, it only works for Pathfinder, but thankfully that's all I play with my groups. If I had one feature request, it would be that is calculates the increase in spell DCs when the relevant stat is increased. I'd also love some DM tools like an initiative tracker etc, but that's not so much to do with reading the character sheet so I'm just being greedy.

The ads were a little big on my phone, but for 69p it's a no-brainer to purchase the full version. Keep up the good work. I hope others realise how useful this app can be!
MercurialJack is offline   #6 Reply With Quote