View Single Post
muzzyman1981

Old November 23rd, 2008, 12:41 PM
I'm sorry but I still don't understand your reasoning....

Firstly, we can take Land Raider Redeemers as the Space Wolf FAQ states clearly that we take all VARIANTS as well as the base vehicles listed in the FAQ....now my IQ isn't all that high I'm sure but last I checked the Redeemer is a variant of the base Land Raider. As for you comment to me I am going to quote part of the excerpt from page 127 of the Space Marine Codex:

"Alternatively, you can use the model and rules for a named character to represent a mighty hero of a different Chapter-"

Again I'm not genius but I would tend to say that is pretty definate. That would seem to cover the arguments of being able to use a special/named character in a different Chapter.

"The simple reason you can't take him is because he's not on any of the lists of units that are taken directly from Codex Space Marines in Codex Space Wolves, nor is he listed as an option in any of the units that are listed. You might have a better argument with Telion but, equally, the Scout Squad entry doesn't list him as an option either. "

No, but it does state that we can use ALL the options available to those vehicles AND their variants. Chronus is an option for those vehicles as stated in the Special Rule : Tank Commander. It seems pretty simple. As for the fact the fact he isn't listed as an option for the vehicles, by that line of reasoning NOBODY can take him.

Now before you try to go into the difference of the word option and the word upgrade....we have already done this and by the definition of the word upgrade...the Storm Bolter, Dozer Blade, Extra Armor, etc are all upgrades. So if we can take those upgrades we can take all other upgrades.
muzzyman1981 is offline   #21