View Single Post
Silveras

Old March 10th, 2014, 04:58 PM
@Nikmal: I have entered about 75% of the Second Darkness AP, and about 55% of Rise of the Runelords. In each case, I was working with different states of the application, and changes made have caused me to re-consider some of what I put in previously. Recent changes in the default categories, for example, have made them more useful than they were.

Originally, I created a number of custom Category entries for various purposes. I am most happy with Second Darkness, so I will refer to that primarily.

Custom Categories:
Players Guide: Sections mirror those in the published players guide.
Adventure: Each AP Volume, with the Backgound, Summary, and Concluding the Adventure as main entries
Adventure Section: Part 1, Part 2, etc. Main entries are the section summary and the list of Encounters that occur as part of it.
Adventure Site (sub-category of Location): Locations that are relevant to the adventure, with summary description. (Could now be replaced by Location with the Type Tag of "Adventure Site")
Chamber: Rooms within the Adventure Site or other Location. Links to Encounters that occur here.
Encounter: Description of the type, participants, tactics, etc. (Could now be replaced with a "Scene" having the type tag of "Encounter")

Separating the Encounter from the Chamber allows me to re-use the location more easily if I want or need to, and helps with occasions when there are follow-up encounters in the same place.

I used the "Concept" Category to hold information from Sidebars, setting the parent to be the Adventure or Adventure Section topic that was most appropriate.

Separating the Adventure-specific information from the city or location information also facilitates re-use.
Silveras is offline   #8