View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 8th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful_g View Post
I haven't been working on my data files much in the last few weeks. Do you remember the date I sent you that batch, I could check to see if I have changed much.
You sent them to me on 9/19/2010 at 4:41pm CST. Yea just keep track of what changed so we can sync them back in is all. We can consider that 1.1 changes.

Quote:
Current project is the Draconomicon feats, which will entail replacing the Dragon Disciple's and Half dragon's breath weapon to forward a user tag for pre req purposes. Also have to mod the dragon races I made to do the same.
Nice. Is the Dragon Disc and half-dragon in the files I have or is that base HL?

Quote:
C stands for Completed (or near enough), U stands for Uncompleted (needs more work), NM stands for Not Mine (a file I have not changed significantly).

I think the 1.X type is fine, though I am curious about how multiple people will collaborate on making files and updating. You mentioned a website or tool but I can't recall the name.
Thanks for the info. I had assumed, but wanted to make sure. I had sort of mentioned a few ideas to help out. Not sure what will be the easiest actually. As you will always be doing the most it may work best to have you in charge of it or in control of the CORE software.

Another idea was I could host an FTP server that different people could access and use some type of check in /check out process from it. I had recently found a new software that is free called DropBox. It allows people to actually collaborate by having a central shared folder that auto syncs it self to each persons computer.

Now it mentions that if I changed a document and you changed the same document that it would merge them back together. I would want to see that in action to see if it was useful or not.

So if we went this route we would each get a free account at DropBox. Install this little software and share a single folder to all our IDs. Then I would drop in all the d20 files when I am done and the software would simply sync a copy to a folder on each of your computers. Then if I changed a file it would be updated back to everyone else and vise versa. This is just an idea is all.

If someone has a simpler method I am all ears. Maybe just emailing changed stuff to Lawful_G to correctly incorporate into the date set? Personally I won't be do much new stuff in d20 actually. My group is moving towards 100% pathfinder and that is where I need to focus on when this is done. So while I have the Healer 99% done I doubt I will have many other additions actually. Plus once done with the d20 I want to move on to the pathfinder files and do something similar.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #13 Reply With Quote