View Single Post
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 23rd, 2013, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigojones View Post
Chemlak.... this saddens me. you are using the product... you aren't waiting, saying that you are willing to wait for a product that you already have is completely backwards. Those who aren't aware of what they are "missing" know they have campaigns going and they want or need some sort of digital serves that allows them to better organize them self and not having a release date STILL causes me to loose what faith i have in the company because they are unable to properly manager their time correctly to get what they need done when they say it is going to be done.
I can definitely understand your frustrations. It's been super frustrating for us too that we've had to continue to push back our projections. When it comes down to it, Realm Works is breaking new ground in software development, and not just with software for RPG tools. Unfortunately, that means issues come up that can take the team by surprise and set back the timeline. Were we to release Realm Works right now, or even a week from now, it would not meet the quality standard our customers deserve. When I say quality, I don't mean bugs or polish, I mean a product that is easy to use and meets the needs of GMs. While it's almost there, it's not there quite yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigojones View Post
on top of that look at GTA V which came out sold largely and then has been slowly releasing the online features. if the product is so great as you say why isn't something like that being worked out?
I think the biggest difference between this and Realm Works is that Realm Works isn't delayed because of additional features, it's delayed because right now it's core features do not meet our standards for release. We have many additional features that will be added after V1.0, similar to the example you provided.

I think Rob said it best in his Kickstarter update, so I'm going to borrow shamelessly from him: "Realm Works keeps getting better with each passing week, and we're in the home stretch. I realize the delays are frustrating to everyone – please realize that they're incredibly frustrating for us, too. The thing to remember is that, if this was easy, somebody else would have done this long ago. It's a very complex beast that we've tackled, and we've got it 97% tamed"

More details about our current projection will be out in our usual monthly newsletter, which should be out next week. If you specific concerns or questions, do not hesitate to PM me!
liz is offline   #24 Reply With Quote