View Single Post
REDEATH

Old June 1st, 2012, 07:02 AM
haha take your time Lone Wolf....I think we are all anxious for an iPad version but some people don't seem to realise how small lone wolf is and how few resources you have...im sure some of the staff and programmers at lone wolf have other jobs other than this and it has mainly been a hobby, part time or moonlighting effort. Their budget is based on how many new and renewals they get per year so I imagine there are a few regular full time salaried staffers but not a huge 30 man developer team.

People seem to think lone wolf is a big outfit like microsoft or like a big budget game studio. They have to get back to reality and realise most of the great armybuilder files are created by volunteers not for profit.

Idealy I respect that you are making a MAC version and I can only assume iOS and the mac OS have some shared programing structure that will make it easier for you to port over to iOS after you finish the Mac version....if that is not the case then I think you should have concentrated on the iOS version first since I dont see many ppl lugging macbooks to tourneys but I have seen a lot of iPads and some Android tablets mostly Nooks and Kindle fire's...but iPad is the tablet of choice for this venue...as most of those people also have the Rule Books and Codexes PDF versions on their iPads. I think you would get a bigger return on an iOS version vs a MAC version. But I am optimistic that hopefully Mac OS and iOS share something that will make the iPad port of AB quicker.

Last edited by REDEATH; June 1st, 2012 at 07:07 AM.
REDEATH is offline   #145 Reply With Quote