Thread: HL on iPad
View Single Post
Kizan

Old October 4th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Even after reading all the feedback given so far I find myself agreeing with undeadfish. It's a pain to email the file back and forth, having to remember which version you emailed and so forth. This is what Dropbox was invented for! Several other iPad apps that I use directly read and write files to my Dropbox file structure.

The .por import and export process could be substantially improved (and really eliminated) by adding Dropbox functionality to the iPad app. I'm already storing all my .por files in Dropbox so I can pull them up across my PC/Mac machines clients. Adding it to the iPad client (and future clients) just makes sense.

Heck I even use Dropbox to sync my Pathfinder sources across all my PC/Mac clients, update one and the others get the update. No need download the ~100meg update file several times.

If the answer is "this is a feature that will only come with the paid-for app". That's cool. I'll buy it. If the reason is "it's too expensive to implement" (either in terms of time or money) I can live with that answer too. Side question: Is there a Hero Lab kickstarter to help fund goals like this? Some of these usability issues make it difficult for me to sell Hero Lab to some of my less technology-friendly gamer friends.

Kizan

Me: How bad could it be?
Him: What's the worst that could happen?

Last edited by Kizan; October 4th, 2013 at 07:27 AM. Reason: typos
Kizan is offline   #6 Reply With Quote