View Single Post
EightBitz

Old December 24th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Allow me to direct your attention to section 4.21 of the Tips & Tricks Guide, which is entitled "Organize NPCs with Cast List Topics". In addition, section 4.16 on "Topic Organization" goes into detail on why we believe that using groups to contain NPCs is a bad idea. That's what relationships are for.
Thanks, Rob, but that doesn't answer my question, so let me restate it in a more explicit manner:

Section 4.16 says "Group Membership: It is generally a bad idea to nest individuals within groups. Individuals often belong to multiple groups, at which point you’ll have to decide which group to assign as a container. If you do that, then you no longer have a consistent model across all your content."

Then section 4.21 recommends to do exactly that using "Cast List" as the top-level group.

If I recall correctly, "Cast List" didn't exist in the original release of Realm Works. I could have, at that point, created my own hierarchical cast list with a regular group.

As it stands, though, you added the "Cast List". Does it offer something a regular group doesn't offer?

Does a regular group offer something that "Cast List" does not?

Or is this a purely cosmetic change where there's no difference in functionality?

Or am I missing something obvious here?
EightBitz is offline   #10 Reply With Quote