View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old December 14th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
Just create a wiki template, where LWD works on and registered users alike.
A wiki-community will establish by itself and if it goes into the "wrong directions" LWD could simply stop contributing (and devoting resources to the site).

However they would have to invest into a stable environment and maintain it.
This approach has a two fold problem,
One, LWD resources (Colen in this case I think) is already overloaded with what is on his plate berfore maintaining yet another site (remote at that) for LWD

Two then if left abandoned, like so many wiki sites, the information becomes either erroneous or -404 and lost to the sands of time.

I was envisioning something similar to what LWD already has by compartmentalizing the "chapters" thus giving users the "view as it is being built (ie discussion threads) and then "published" in the "approved works Rob already has, than to re-invent the wheel.

Another Forum dedicated to World of Greyhawk that I write for is set up in similar fashion.

As you can see the structure is similar, BUT we divide by Edition types and general discussions. There is a wiki as you suggest and a Chat on Thursdays, but we have more personnel managing those pieces than I think LWD can currently free out.
Allong the top are downloadables, and reviewables, etc, that would drill down into a sub-table such as this.......

In this drill down below, the regions are not edition specific, but "realm" specific, providing discussions and published works by areas.

As articles are submitted and approved by the editor they are cataloged in these various categories, or collected into published E-magazines for download like those listed below.

In this particular shot, I have two, one participatory, the other I wrote solo.

The complete listing of drill downs, threads, articles and published works is far more extensive, but you get the idea I think.

Anyway, Just as ShadowChemosh, LawfulG(Now Arron for LWD) and MANY others support various sub-sets of Herolab, there could certainly be similar LawfulG's / Shadows' out there in the community to do something similar for the parts and pieces of the "How to Documentations"... and pass that along to the LWD team.

Just my 2cp
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CF Main.JPG (214.1 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg CF Regions.JPG (148.3 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg CF Published.JPG (133.9 KB, 59 views)
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #22 Reply With Quote