View Single Post
Tombking

Old March 30th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
It's the exact same problem as discussed above. Unless you have Adminsitrator privileges, Windows will block operations on files beneath the "Program Files" folder. That includes compiling data files. So you need to run with Administrator privileges with AB installed beneath "Program Files".
And this is what windows is trying to stop with vista and win7. You are writing user space data here so it should be written to the local user settings and not to \program files\applicationfoo\usersettings. There should be no reason to write to \program files after install of the program outside of updates to the program itself. I can even give it a pass to run as admin when first loading new data files but after that it should be done and not needed.

My question for my first post is why only with Data files for one game system (the new wh40k files) and none of the others. It didn't do this with the previous version of the data files. It doesn't do this with Fantasy, Blood Bowl, the test systems, etc just the new 40k files.
Tombking is offline   #21 Reply With Quote