Thread: Hearty hello!
View Single Post
MNBlockHead

Old September 14th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Welcome!

The fact that you are using Fantasy Grounds caught my eye as I'm been looking into options for VTT and character sheets to use at the table. Once you get into RW a bit deeper, I would love to read more about your game-prep workflow and how you use each tool in game as well.

Right now I use RW to run my 5e games. My campaign is home brew, so I am not trying to type in content from printed material into RW. I find it very helpful to have all the historical information about the realm at my finger tips and have all kinds of cross links to content related to the scene I'm currently presenting to my players.

I also use RW to player view with a large plasma TV screen to reveal maps as they explore, but that may be of less use to you if you are using Fantasy Grounds for that.

Are you using Fantasy Grounds solely for remote games or do you use it at table with in-person games? When DnD 5e content was made available in FG, I seriously considered buying it, but the cost seems too high for my use case. I really don't need the VTT element most of the time and was more interested for digital character sheets and combat encounter management.

Anyway, welcome to the forums. RW has a bit of a learning curve, which is mostly due to its flexibility and needing to plan for you you want to use it in your campaign, but I've found it to be a great aid in planning and running my game sessions.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #3 Reply With Quote