View Single Post
DeltaMasterMind

Old September 15th, 2017, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Scott_A_Lot View Post
I would like to second the comment(s?) about keeping WIFI off for all-day gaming at conventions, for the sake of maximizing battery power, as well as point out that many (few/some/most?) small local gaming stores frequently do not have robust public WIFI to support multiple tables of players. I have, on many occasions, fed my computer WIFI off my phone, but that's a very drain on the phone's battery, phone's data plan, on top of laptop battery, because the laptop has no idea that it's on a limited connection, so it's just as likely to try to download giant Windows updates as it is to just talk to LWD's servers. There won't be a perfect solution for everyone, but even in our weekly home-game, we have a tendency to overload the WIFI router, preventing players from getting online, so having some sort of offline functionality would be really appreciated, even if it doesn't happen with the initial releases.

Additionally, from a bill-paying and tracking perspective, I, for one, would like to see some sort of bulk billing, to be able to buy one or even two or more years of subscription at a time, rather than having either a manual or recurring minimal charge. Since that would reduce LWD's credit card operating cost, I hope this has already been contemplated.

I am very excited to see the public beta, and what LWD has in store for us for Starfinder. Since it's being touted as system-agnostic, and sounds like it will be based in a web browser(?), or similar interface, I'm hopeful that I'll be able to bypass the laptop completely, and reference and/or run my characters directly from my phone.

Sending positive vibes to the LWD team, and trying to wait patiently until I can throw money at HL/Starfinder
1. Yes you can run HLO from the browser and yes from ANY device, in the FAQ.
2. I agree with the billing option to buy bulk. I hate recurring monthly charges.
3. If carrying a laptop to a convention hall: A. Bring a usb charging cord for phone/tablet, B. bring an extension cord and a power strip so you can be the hero/heroine for all the people who are huddling around the scarce outlets, C. If you happen to be using windows 8 thru 10 just set the wifi to your phone as a metered connection and no more heavy data use will occur in fact metering blocks windows update entirely even on windows 10.

I am now looking forward to them getting this up as I have plans to get all the software they offer as I am seeing a need for it in my games. Darn my players and their plans!

Forum link for my content work:
Pathfinder Thread
Forum link for SU 5e content work:
5e Steven Universe Thread
This link is for my group, but feel free to play it with:
DMM 5e | "https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsd9w1eodlnwjq0/updatesDMM.xml?dl=1" Copy this link to your update manager to get updates when available.
This adds the Pisky subrace to elves from Berserk! and additional subraces for the Gem Race.
Please post comments in the provided threads above.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #116 Reply With Quote