View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 8th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Source is something I do keep any eye on when we make changes so I can always fix issues like this if needed. In this case I see what is happening. HL only has the parent= tag on ONE line in the Data set. All others just reference it. So if you deleted a Thing that had
Code:
<usesource source="CompPsi" parent="p35" name="Complete Psionics"/>
then everything would fall back to the Default location (ie User) and the description would be the source name.

The fix is rather easy actually. Just use a text editor to edit one <usesource> tag, I usually take the first file first line, and change the usesource to
Code:
<usesource source="CompPsi" parent="p35" name="Complete Psionics"/>
then all the rest will inherit the correct parent source then.

Something I have wanted to do for a while now was a create ONE Source Control file with dummy Simple Things that would control the Parent. Its what I should have done in the first place but hind sight is always 20/20.

Then this current issue would not be coming up now but its a major job as I would have to edit/change EVERY .user file in the whole data set. I have a regular expression tool now that can help but it still has to be done very carefully. Something to think about for 1.6 or 2.0.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #14 Reply With Quote