Thread: any updates?
View Single Post
Maidhc O Casain

Old September 3rd, 2019, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
Just guessing here but I am almost certain that most GM-RW-buyers would pay for major updates.
Before I respond, I need to make clear that I'm very happy with RW, and am content (mostly) to wait patiently for the completion of features promised in the Kickstarter and for additional content in the CM. Every once in a while I flare up, but overall "I'm good."

Now, I may be in the minority, but I would not be happy if I were asked to pay for updates.

First, I'm a LONG time LoneWolf customer and paying for product updates is not the expectation that's been set by them. I shell out $$ for additional content to HLC for the game systems I use, and I expect I'll do so for HLO as well once that product has the functionality I need. But throughout our relationship, LWD has not charged for product updates, and for them to start doing so would put me off completely.

Second, I payed handsomely for the "lifetime top-tier" server access, which it's looking more and more like will prove to be of small value. There looks to be only one tier, and the charge for it is small enough that by the time my return on that "investment" gets me to break even I'll be years in the grave. So in my mind, I've already paid - and paid, and paid - for any major upgrades far into the future.

Finally, while I'm happy with RW and mostly patient about waiting for those things mentioned above, I've waited a long time for the functionality that was promised in the KS. I'm still waiting for some of it, years and years later, while LWD moves on to new products at the expense of completing products they've already sold. I expected that - it's been their production model going back years - and I bought RW anyway. But I'm not so complacent about it that I'm ready to shell out again for updates.

This may be wrong-headed, and others may have a very different opinion, but it's where I'm at personally.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #8 Reply With Quote