View Single Post
Exmortis

Old November 30th, 2018, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeh View Post
I was hoping the 64 bit beta would make Realm Works stable on my Surface Pro 4, but after updating and loading up my decent size realm, it crashed after loading just one page.

Anyone else have a similar issue after the 64 bit upgrade?

----
Edit: This is all, of course, anecdotal but my second session on the Surface Pro was more promising with some larger topics that had caused crashing previously, but I still ended up in a hard crash after attempting to use a large smart image as a navigation item.
So far I haver it running on my i5 SP4, but it does have 8GB ram. I have loaded up my largest, 1800+ topic realm and so far it seems to be solid. Speed is maybe little zipper, but not immensely so. I have made adjustments to say maybe 50 topics since, I had one hang, but that's not out of the ordinary, RW has never been all that stable, for crashes are rather common, so it maybe possibly more stable rather than faster, and to me that's a win.

I have yet to try my 4GB SP3, but RW always ran well on it before. I also have not upgraded my lappy or desktop. Picked this as my tester..

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #18 Reply With Quote