View Single Post
Dayleph

Old April 26th, 2013, 10:24 AM
My first official post to these forums... /sniff
I'm fairly new to HL, so I shall beg forgiveness now if this is something that is actually right in front of my nose and I just keep missing it... I also didn't see anyone bring this up in this thread posting (or anywhere else), so it may already have been mentioned. If so, I apologize for the duplication.

In the Super Powers Companion, there is a power mod called "Switchable" that I don't see when creating characters. Several members of our group are using the ability, so it would be extremely helpful if it was there. Am I just missing it completely?

In case it isn't there, here is the description from the book:
Switchable (+1 per 3 Power Points):
This modifier allows a character to switch between different sets of powers. The character first buys one power, and then pays 1 Power Point for every 3 Power Points of the original power (round up). Now she creates another power equal to the original cost, and she can choose to use one or the other - but not both powers at the same time. The character can switch between the powers as a free action. Switching between powers connected by this modifier counts as the same action for purposes of not allowing a repeat action in a round.
Since using a Switchable power requires a free action to activate, they may not take the Requires Activation modifier as well. A character may take the Switchable modifier more than once to have different restricted powers usable at the same time. With the GM's approval, a character may take more than one power under the Switchable modifier as long as they do not exceed the base point value and their combined use makes sense.
Dayleph is offline   #63 Reply With Quote