View Single Post
jfrazierjr

Old May 2nd, 2017, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
Okay, just put the old version back in to see if it would open that--and it will. What's odder, is HL is not throwing errors for doing so; in fact I created a character with an Edge with an eval script and it seems to be working. In addition, the editor is still show the "Edge with Bootstrapped Weapon/Armor" tab, which I thought was no longer supposed to be supported.

So now I'm really confused.
Are you using some type of source control? ie, do you have access to both the original and "broken" one? If so, can you do a diff(alternately, if you have both files and can link, I could do a diff.) The XML may be well formed, but may not be VALID and there is a difference!!! Valid refers to being having a structure which corresponds to a "contact" so speak, what tags can be where, in what order, how many, etc, etc etc. The runtime for building characters may not enforce the validity constraint, while the editor seems to do so.

If you don't have both files, well.. don't sweat it, just make sure you test your work. Does anyone with DEEP knowledge or from LWD know if there is an XML schema for .user files(for everyone else, schema is the contract by which an XML document agrees to abide.)
jfrazierjr is offline   #5 Reply With Quote