View Single Post
Tony.Gamemaster

Old December 4th, 2016, 03:41 PM
The mechanic I'm trying to implement is fairly straight-forward. When someone turns the counter on under "Other Adjustments", they should be able to add temporary hit points using the incremental/counter up to their maximum total.

That's really all I really need the counter to do (max out at the character's total HP).

------------------->

The side-note is a lot more complicated, and not at all necessary. Since the temporary hit points are calculated, it would be nice to have the adjustment counter automatically set to a calculated value instead of requiring the player to set the counter. The value would be one-quarter of the character's full hit point total (rounded down) or a number of hit points equal to their Constitution score, whichever is greater - not to exceed their hit point total. And when the counter is turned off, it would have to reset to this value next time it's turned on.

Basically, this is the second wind mechanic from Star Wars: Saga Edition that I'm adapting to Pathfinder. The only difference is, instead of healing damage, it's providing temporary hit points.

Again, not at all necessary.
Tony.Gamemaster is offline   #3 Reply With Quote