View Single Post
Fenris447

Old November 18th, 2020, 01:03 PM
How would I go about disabling a spell? The new Order of Scribes has a feature that temporarily removes spells from your spellbook for 1d6 long rests. I have everything figured out for how to do this, except for two problems:

1. I have a foreach loop that should look at each spell in the hero with a particular thingid, but for some reason it's only finding copy of the spell in the spellbook, not the pick in the Wizard's prepared spells.

Code:
foreach pick in hero from BaseSpell where "thingid.(spellID here)"
perform eachpick.assign[Helper.Disable]
nexteach
For whatever reason, this is only finding and assigning the tag to the copy of the spell in the spellbook, and not doing the same to the spell in the Wizard's list of prepared spells. I think "from BaseSpell" is extraneous here, but removing it doesn't help. What am I missing?

2. The Helper.Disable tag does nothing to spells, so it's just a placeholder in the code above. I tried Hide.Spell, but that also didn't do anything. Once I figure out my problem with the foreach, is there any tag I can add/delete or field I can change in the spell to make it clear that the Wizard can't use it until it comes back? Worst case I'll just add sNameMod that says "Forgotten" or whatever, but I'd prefer something to make it go red.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote