View Single Post
Paragon

Old March 11th, 2017, 10:01 AM
It was a problem with my Broken Earth setting, as it turned out. I'm really prone to not thinking about dependencies when I do a replacement thing. At one point I replaced several skills because there's a hindrance the Simians have which doesn't allow you to take those skills--but then forgot that anything that uses those skills as a pre-req will now be looking for skills that don't exist.

This is a big old pain in the butt. Since that means I need to go through and replace all those Edges too, which will likely require me to replace even more things as some of those will be needed for other things to operate.

I don't suppose anyone knows any way to make a skill selectively unavailable without replacing it with an edited copy, do you?

Edit: Eh, turns out its not that big a deal; there appear to be only about four Edges effected in the standard rules, and none are pre-reqs for any others. I can see this as being a problem if you're using multiple sources with additional Edges from both, though, and it'd be downright painful if one of the skills involved had been, say, Fighting.

Last edited by Paragon; March 11th, 2017 at 01:13 PM.
Paragon is offline   #13 Reply With Quote