View Single Post
ArgoForg

Old February 8th, 2015, 12:46 PM
Unsarcastically: I can't speak for anyone else, but as a history major, I have had some means of timekeeping in every game I've run, for my own sake, even if I just have given players an ephemeral "a long time ago", I like to know exactly how long.

Not having the ability to make custom calendars in RW hasn't made me avoid using the software, it's only meant that I've avoided working on much of the historical and timeline bases of my world and focused on geography.

And sarcastically: My game has utterly dried up and died without single-character information sharing. So there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
For the sarcasm impaired, this is sarcasm: I'm really curious how many of us could have possibly gamed for all these years without calendars being integrated into RW. It's mind-boggling when you think about it. Nay, it's nigh impossible! I mean, it's the focus of every campaign and every adventure. Time is a critical component of the roleplaying experience. Dare I say, time IS the roleplaying experience? Without time, there is nothing else. And without calendars, well, what's the point? I mean, we just can't do it. Lone Wolf has destroyed gaming through their survey. And if they had implemented calendars, they could have foreseen this inevitability but given these dire circumstances now we can't even have timetravellers correct this grave error.
ArgoForg is offline   #130 Reply With Quote