View Single Post
Pandaemoni

Old December 2nd, 2009, 08:12 AM
Hello. I am brand new to HeroLab, but liked it so much that immediately bought almost all the licences based on how well it handles M&M and the SRD.

In looking for user created content (which the Lone Wolf website alludes to, but does not clearly provide a link to), I was happy to see the Cheese Weasel site. Four questions, all of which, I'm sure, display my noobishness:

(1) Are there any other sites with user generated content of which I should be aware?

(2) To what directory do I copy the .user files to use them in connection with a given game system?

(3) Is there anything else I need to do to "activate" these files for use?

(4) I have bought the license for the Authoring Kit, but opening it up it is not immediately obvious to me how to use it. Is there a tutorial or documentation that explains the process of, say, using it to create a magic item?

My ultimate goal is to implement a series of houserules that I use in, and content otherwise vital to, a game I DM, which will require me to do crazy things like rewrite the Paladin class, add new spells, add some Tome of Battle content, add some new Tome of Magic and Incarnum content, add a few prestige classes, etc. While no one has any interest in my customized material, I'm sure, I am happy to share my more generic creations (like anything I pull from Tome of Battle), but I feel a little lost with the interface at the moment.
Pandaemoni is offline   #18 Reply With Quote