View Single Post
Vargr

Old February 14th, 2018, 10:37 AM
Yes, you can do that.

It will not open a web page within RW, but it will send the web address (URI) to your default browser and open it there.

I use it all the time in order to open character sheets that I have made in LibreOffice - in this case it is not a webpage but a document on my computer I point to.

You can do this:

For a webpage
  1. Open a topic.
  2. Place cursor in a snippet.
  3. Right-click and select "Hyperlink".
  4. In "Text to display" write something that makes sense for you (f.ex. Magic Shop Generator)
  5. In "Address" put the URI (f.ex. https://mysource.material.com)
  6. Click "OK".
  7. Save topic.
  8. When you press the blue-with-underline-text you just made RW will send the URI to your default browser and it will be shown there.
For a file on your computer
  1. Open a topic.
  2. Place cursor in a snippet.
  3. Right-click and select "Hyperlink".
  4. In "Text to display" write something that makes sense for you
    (f.ex. Character sheet: Evil Necromancer)
  5. In "Address" put the filepath and filename
    (f.ex. C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Brilliant Campaign\NPCs\Evil Necromancer.docx)
  6. Click "OK".
  7. Save topic.
  8. When you press the blue-with-underline-text you just made RW will send the path and filename to your default MS Word program and it will be shown there.

Please note, that as soon as RW has handed off the URI or path+filename to the default program RW has nothing to do with it anymore.

I hope this is what you are looking for and that what I wrote made sense.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Last edited by Vargr; February 14th, 2018 at 10:40 AM.
Vargr is offline   #5 Reply With Quote