View Single Post
CeaDawg

Old June 13th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Have it on 4 machines, each with their own lic. no. (that was one of the things I checked first) only the machine that had the original installation on it is having this issue. HL has been reinstalled on it a total of 4 times now, but it is also the only machine that goes out and about and away from internet connections when the program is in use. The only time the reactivation issue is popping up is when I've had to start up HL multiple times without going back to someplace with internet. This would be something along the lines of:

At home in early morning with Home WLAN - s/u HL, work awhile, s/d HL
At park mid morning, no internet - s/u HL work awhile, s/d HL, change battery, s/u HL, work awhile, s/d HL
at some eatery w/o WiFi - s/u HL, HL may or may not insist on reactivation
if reactivation required - s/d HL go home reactivate
if reactivation not required - work awhile, s/d HL, go some place else

If my day carries me out and about to more location changes that do not have internet access, the more likely I am to run into the reactivation issue. The worst that this has happened so far is 3 reactivations in 1 day, not counting the one for the HL update that afternoon. That was while dming for Games Day here.

However, HL was installed on another machine with this license for a bit while this machine was in for repairs. The machine that it was installed on temporarily had HL uninstalled when I got this one back, but recently had HL reinstalled on it with it's own license. It's not showing this License number when I start it up on that machine. It's possible that this lic. number is still imbedded in the system registry on it after the temporary installation was removed, but I'm not sure how to go about running a search for it other than taking a couple of days to review each entry in the sys reg

Last edited by CeaDawg; June 13th, 2012 at 11:37 AM. Reason: forgot something
CeaDawg is offline   #3 Reply With Quote