View Single Post
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 24th, 2020, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
Do they have to pay to have an account? is there a way for the GM to pay for that if there is a charge? Because IF my players must have a HL account and have paid for everything, then the Campaign Theater feature is worthless to me.
Right now the beta is primarily focused on groups where the GM and at least one player have HLO. The big change that it brings, that Hero Lab has never had before, is a shared space where everyone at the table can see tactical changes (HP, buffs, initiative order, etc) in real-time.

This is obviously significantly less useful if you're the only one looking at it. Still, it provides a useful tracking tool, similar to the old Tactical Console in HLC, which can alleviate some of the mental tracking.

As the beta progresses, we'll be introducing more features to help out in cases where not everyone at the table is using HLO (standin PCs for instance). We're also working internally on devising some kind of group licensing solution, which should make HLO Campaigns more viable for more groups, although I don't have any details to share on that right now.
Joe is offline   #9 Reply With Quote