View Single Post
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 12th, 2018, 09:09 AM
A note on blanches - adamantine blanched arrows are not the same as adamantine arrows - both will defeat DR 10/adamantine, but only real adamantine will bypass hardness 10. So arrows of that material don't properly reflect that - blanches only bypass DR - they don't do anything else that material would do. So I would recommend not using that strategy to reflect blanched arrows - I know I'd be likely to forget which arrows were which a few months later.

For my own characters, I buy the arrows as custom weapons, even if I'm not adding any materials or bonuses (although beyond first level, I always use cold iron arrows as the base, so they have to be custom anyway), and then use the custom name option to call them "silver blanched cold iron durable arrows" or something like that. To get the price right, I buy the arrows and the blanch separately, and then delete the blanch as soon as I buy it (because my character already applied it to the arrows).

The plan for blanches is to add a special property for each blanch (and set the cost up properly so that you can just buy it on the arrows in the first place), but we have not had time to implement that yet. Then there'd be a separate version that has the correct cost for non-ammo, so that you can have a reminder that you've currently got that applied.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote