View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 6th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Yep don't worry everyone will get a copy. Speaking of copies are you still changing stuff while I am doing this Lawful_g? I guess I had assumed that it would stay in a frozen state. If you are changing stuff can you keep track of each change so I can sync them back into these files. Or would you rather wait until I finish and then you can make the changes directly and we can simply release a new version?

Also another question. At the end of the files you have a what appears to be a date with either a C or U. What does that mean? I am changing all those files to remove that and I am putting that info into the File History section of the XML now.

As people will want to put in new versions of this data set we can't have the files names changing. Otherwise they won't overwrite the existing file and instead the person would have duplicates of the same thing. So if they use the same name the new version will simply overlay the old file.

Otherwise its going along pretty well actually. I am down to the CUSTOM files last night. So I have the file names changed, the file history updated, and making sure everything is SOURCE marked. Plus I added the three new Source Options(3.5 D&D, 3.0 D&D, and Dragonlance Setting).

Last question which is sort of for everyone. What system of version ID is easier? In example should we use the Date we release as the Version Number or better to call this v1.0 and go from their. Thoughts?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote