View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 5th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Great bring them on. Help is always welcome.

So I spent sometime last night going over the d20 files. I think I have everything changed over to .user instead of .dat. Though I tried to remove extra files and have just the 3.5 books. Yea that is not going to happen. The stuff is SO interconnected including referencing 3.0 items, classes, and lots of references to Dragonlance stuff.

I mean it could be done but it would be a major change to many scripts and probably not worth the effort. So the idea of having one 3.0, 3.5, and dragonlance data set is pretty much out the window for now. I also found that Lawful_g started to implement some of the same stuff one sees in the pathfinder files. Like he wrote his own Darkvision that was not 60ft hard coded and instead is Tag or script set. Exactly like what Pathfinder data set uses. That is really a big help to anyone creating d20 stuff.

Our best bet for now is to simply have everything source marked to the right book so that player can pick. But we will have to leave everything together including 3.0, 3.5 and dragonlance. What I will probably do is add new Source Headers so that at least it will be easier break down by 3.0, 3.5, and dragonlance. So this way all the 3.5 book Sources will be listed under the 3.5 Header and so on.

Still this will be a good amount of work......

The last thing is reading some of Lawful_g's comments he has in the scripts and files made me laugh several times last night.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote