View Single Post
Valdacil

Old March 20th, 2017, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Basically yes. I can NOT keep up with the monthly changes that LW is doing. The logic in here needs constant tweaks to get them to work with all the different Pathfinder rules that are being added.

This honestly is one of those features that would pretty much have to be done by LW to have a chance to be correct all the time. This way as they added and made changes they could keep the Gestalt stuff in mind.

Its a losing battle at this point.
I hear ya. Ran into the same issues making mods for Fallout 4. Every time they came out with a patch something would break and all my users would complain until I updated things. Always fun when it is a hobby.

I did make a number of changes to the Gestalt files to account for a number of things, but I'm not sure how much of that is house rules and not. Things like if both classes have a Good save, that save gets a +1 bonus. Both classes have a class skill, that skill gets an extra +1 bonus. Skill points are higher of the 2 classes + 1/2 the second class.

Some of these mechanic problems however, like the Secondary Class thing are MUCH harder to account for. I did submit the Secondary Class calculating levels as a bug to LW since Automatic Bonus Progression calculates levels correctly they (in theory) just need to change Secondary Classes to calculate levels the same way as ABP to fix the problem.

It is also frustrating as I learn more about how to use the editor how many objects are hard coded and not exposed to the editor. I have an idea of how to fix a number of problems, but don't have access to the records necessary to do so.

In any case, thank you so much for your contributions with Gestalt and the Community Pack. You've saved me TONS of hours of trying to figure it out myself and I've learned a great deal by taking apart your code.
Valdacil is offline   #144 Reply With Quote