View Single Post
bodrin

Old February 24th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by risner View Post
Tell that to the DM's.

I've had this discussion (debate on the RAW) too many times. More than I can count, since I have played 33 PFS sessions as a Monk and before that with another character another 18 games.

Let me just say that it isn't that simple. The meaning of the RAW is not even close to clear which way it goes.
In this case then let's follow the old D20 ruling from wizards then "Text trumps table!"

Quoted directly from the book!

Quote:
Brass Knuckles : These close combat weapons are designed to fit comfortably around the knuckles, narrowing the contact area and therefore magnifying the amount of force delivered by a punch. They allow you to deal lethal damage with unarmed attacks. You may hold, but not wield, a weapon or other object in a hand wearing brass knuckles. You may cast a spell with a somatic component while wearing brass knuckles if you make a concentration check (DC 10 + the level of the spell you're casting). Monks are proficient with brass knuckles and can use their monk unarmed damage when fighting with them.
The bold parts are pretty conclusive as to the intent of Brass Knuckles! There is no defining term that explicitly says you are now attacking armed!

In point of fact it specifically states that you can't wield a weapon whilst wearing them, therefore the unarmed Brass Knuckle attack takes precedent over armed attacks.

Last edited by bodrin; February 24th, 2011 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Bolstering opinion of contradictive rulings!
bodrin is offline   #15 Reply With Quote