View Single Post
evildmguy

Old December 1st, 2014, 11:24 AM
DLG - what do you use for a player view? I have found it quite better than most other options, including some VTTs, and I also have player's at the table. The scaling really makes it tough for them to figure out if they have more to go or not, so I have liked that, at least when I used it to reveal maps. The fact that it can also hold NPC pictures and it's better than the one vtt I got okay with. (maptools)

I think I'm also in the same camp as DLG with regards to expectations, even if I didn't articulate them as well as he did. I have been following the updates, so expected players to be able to add their own notes, why be constrained to the GMs notes for a map or NPC, and put them into the Realm. As was said, they can't create Realms, only add to Realms they have invites to was what I was thinking.

Without that, from what I have seen and read recently, this has no value for my group, as they don't tend to use things after the fifth or sixth session. Having said that, I will still get a lot of use out of RW but not as much as I thought.

Again, I probably interpreted things differently but for some reason, I was thinking a collaborative tool for both sides, players and DM.

meek72 - Good point. That's exactly what I'm thinking. Fog of World means real time updates, just as fog of war does.

Thanks!

edg
evildmguy is offline   #66 Reply With Quote