View Single Post
Nightfox

Old October 26th, 2015, 05:37 PM
I'm not sure if this should be mentioned here, or if it would be a bug at all, but I've been noticing a lot of problems with my NPC's qualifying for prestige classes because of pick requirements and the lack of HasFeat tags.

For example the Favored Soul gets proficiency with a weapon at first level and weapon focus with that weapon at third. However, even though the weapon focus tag is being broadcast to the weapons, the HasFeat tag is not being generated so the Favored Soul doesn't qualify for prestige classes that require weapon focus, such as Pious Templar.

The other side of this is that several prestige classes have pick requirements either using the Pick-req to specify a specific feat (for example: Occult Slayer, Dread Pirate or Frenzied Berzerker), or the Pre-req with specifications like:
Code:
@valid = pickexists[fQuickDraw]
In these cases, even if the character has the appropriate HasFeat tag, they still do not qualify unless they have the specific pick.

My latest is a grizzled crusader turned hellreaver who is hunting after the party. The intention was to use Stone Power to gain temporary HP every round so he could last longer against the over powered PC's. Stone power states, "can be used in place of Power Attack to qualify for a feat, prestige class, or other special ability" and even though the HasFeat tag is present, the "Power Attack required" still shows up under the validation.
Nightfox is offline   #392 Reply With Quote