View Single Post
Silveras

Old April 18th, 2019, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
While that's an interesting idea how are you actually going to run it? Do you intend to run separate parties through each AP or to run them in succession?
In succession. I've started Rise of the Runelords on Roll20 just recently. The players are hyped for the idea of playing several APs in the same region, with the outcome of one impacting the others.

By keeping a careful log of events, during each successive AP I can mention events that occurred in the previous ones as news and rumors (since the settings are isolated enough by distance for that); likewise, by knowing what is coming, I can insert the significant events of a concurrent AP in the same manner.

So, for example, Rise of the Runelords originally began in September 4707. Curse of the Crimson Throne begins in February 4708. When March of 4708 rolls around, my Rise of the Runelords characters can hear about events in Korvosa. Second Darkness begins around August of 4708, and my Rise of the Runelords characters can hear about the Shadow in the Sky over Riddleport around that time.

Later, when playing out Curse of the Crimson Throne, events that occurred in my Rise of the Runelords campaign can become news and rumors that the characters hear about in Korvosa at the appropriate times.

For which reason, I *really* want to see per-character reveal controls come soon, as (hopefully) the same players will be playing characters in each campaign.
Silveras is offline   #9 Reply With Quote