View Single Post
mccracken02

Old November 11th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Your example is a good logical way to organize the information. My only concern is that on a kingdom level, which can contain links to 100s or 1000s of topics, it would be hard to notice a link to BWU if my players ask about education in the kingdom while I'm not actively looking at Joestown. I can see this happening to me with a ton of different knowledge checks, especially when working with an established setting.

Embedded snippet is a good name for what I'm asking for, like a snippet pointer. I imagine it would be easier to support a new type of snippet than rework how all the existing snippet types function.

Also, I'm wondering if I'm missing something about searching for topics. I would like to do a text search for topics, view the results, and choose to open a result in current or new tab. The existing method is built to filter, not really search and open. I find the current click based interface a bit cumbersome for quickly locating information, and ctrl+chift+f would require opening a new tab before searching.

Last edited by mccracken02; November 11th, 2013 at 09:58 AM. Reason: grammar
mccracken02 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote