View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 11th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintain View Post
So, out of curiosity, how are you going to handle a multiclass mage/psion that takes a metapsionic feat that by definition affects only psionics and not spells?
The current v1.7 of PU does not use Powers as of right this second. It has never used powers as you have to work in the RAW XML to get them in. This is also seen in why the Psion class and others give a error message about No Powers Taken. Cause their are no powers to select.

So your issue exists right now. What also exists is the activation of lots of unsupported 3.5 Psionics that are getting turned on. So we have strange error messages and a extra Tab that just adds an extra place to spend power points.

With the addition of the new tags I created I should be able to separate the two with the classes better but no it won't be perfect. The player will have to use some common sense to not adjust a spell with a metapsionic feat.

I have already talked to LW and they have said they are NOT fixing/supporting 3.5 Psionics in Pathfinder. They have already confirmed that when/if Paizo does Psionics the 3.5 stuff in the data package already will be removed/changed.

So all our stuff will break at that point anyways. Not including the biggest issue is if I make Spells actually be "Powers" they will NOT print to a paper character sheet. Turns out they don't even do that in 3.5 d20 package.

Using the 3.5 Psionics is just making things SUPER confusing to work with and turning on background mechanics that are getting confused with half spells half powers idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintain View Post
IMO, we need to go the other direction and get Lone Wolf to support the use of psionics as a integrated game mechanic that is separate from spells.
If you can convince LW this is a good idea and they are willing to do it I am all for this. If this happens I will happily move the stuff away from spells.

But as I have to work with what I have I have no choice but to go down this path currently.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #152 Reply With Quote