View Single Post
zarlor

Old July 31st, 2017, 02:27 PM
You only have to do that because you want to test that one thing right then. Have you look at the "So you want to make a data file?" thread? I tried to make more of a quick guide for making data files. In there I note the way you are probably wanting to use which is "Just go to the menu for Develop → Compile Data Files... select “Savage Worlds” if it isn’t already selected and click the “Compile” button. Next go to Develop Quick Reload Data Files. You may have noticed there are shortcut keys to both of those commands so you can also just use those by hitting “Ctrl-C” then “Compile” for your Savage Worlds setting followed by “Ctrl-R”. "

If you do end up using that thread to help work on your data file please do let me know if it was useful or if there is anything that really needs improving or better clarification in it. I don't know if it's worthwhile enough to request being stickied so it's easier to find and having someone just getting into making data files hammer through it would be helpful in figuring that out.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #8 Reply With Quote