Thread: Synch Process
View Single Post
EightBitz

Old April 22nd, 2015, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RampagingHoardes View Post
Can LWD explain how the synchronization process works in depth? (If this is already somewhere pls point me to it as I didn't find it)

What I really need to understand is, is this a one way process? If not how does it know which to use is it just by timestamp or size or change etc? If I lose my pc and all my data at my end or I had to do a restore what data will I end up with if the server file and my backup are different? Will the server bring the last files from the sync down? I am starting to put a lot of information in RW and want to make sure I don't bone myself out of years of entries at some point.

thanks
One thing I know for sure, because I just had this happen to me, is if it detects a conflict between your cloud data and your local data, it will ask you which version you want to keep. This is a realm level decision, but for that specific realm, it is an all-or-nothing scenario. You cannot drill-down to specific objects.

You can, however, cancel out so that no decision is made until you investigate further.
EightBitz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote