View Single Post
Exmortis

Old December 23rd, 2014, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
But you DO read the forums. That's the same as reading the manual...

You read here about features that were described in the manual. It just takes longer to get the information you want this way, and you don't get it as completely as you would if you simply read the manual. You know, the thing we spent lots of time and effort on so that your lives would be easier? :P

Alright, I'm going to bed. I'm exhausted and this is quite frustrating right now... <sigh>
Read the manual? Are you nuts?

However on the flip side I absolutely love the video tutorials, and have watched every one at least three or four times, and every Gen con RW/HL video twice for sure, maybe more. For me, I find the video tutorials so much more engrossing, and watching the actual event being described for me, is a huge learning improvement. I find the visual cue so much better for training/learning then a bunch of text or a sceenie.

So yeah sorry about the manual, but if it is any consolation, your video tutorials are F'n fantastic and wish you had more. I think in the future, the manual is going to go the way of the jukebox and the 45 record. Video training is better, more interactive (in that you see what is being described) and much more enjoyable when trying to learn something like a software application.

Especially one as seemingly complexly flexible as RW is, RW is a daunting program when you first open it, but watching the video tutorials really helps bring out its true simplicity of flexibility.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #19 Reply With Quote