View Single Post
Valdacil

Old September 11th, 2017, 07:41 PM
Our group ended up approaching this from a different angle because they decided they didn't like removing the weapons/armor and when GMing found it challenging to convert what the AP had for treasure/wealth into appropriate loot and wealth per level.

Since the point of ABP was to remove the necessity for the usual items in each slot allowing you to use some of the more interesting items in those same slots, we came up with new items that didn't use the same slot to grant those bonuses as follows:

- Ring of Protection: Doesn't take up a ring slot. This was accomplished by adding to the script on Ring of Protection: 'perform hero.assign[ExtraSlot.EqpRing]'. Technically, this means that you could equip unlimited Rings of Protection, but since the bonus doesn't stack with each other this doesn't matter.

- Amulet of Natural Armor: Similar to Ring of Protection, just allow an AoNA along with another necklace. Accomplished by adding to the script on AoNA: 'perform hero.assign[ExtraSlot.EqpNeck]'. Again, could equip unlimited AoNA, but since bonus doesn't stack doing so is non-impactful.

- Belts with physical attribute: Here we converted all of the STR/DEX/CON belts into Belt Buckles. Within HL, I made the belt buckle items 'attach' to another belt item so that you can only get the belt buckle bonus for the belt you have equipped. I added a basic leather belt that is included in the basic free outfit so you can attach a buckle to it if you haven't yet found/bought a magical belt.

- Headbands with mental attribute: Similar to belt buckles, I converted all INT/WIS/CHA headbands into Headband Settings. These must be attached to a headband similar to how the belt buckles work with belts. I added a basic iron headband included with the free outfit so you can attach a setting until you find/buy a magical headband.

- Cloak of Resistance: These have all been converted into Cloak Clasps. Like belt buckles and headband settings, these must be attached to a cloak. I added a basic cloth cloak with the free outfit so you can attach a setting until you find/buy a magical cloak.

With these items, we do not use the rest of the ABP system at all and are thus able to use the standard treasure and wealth in the AP without adjustment.
Valdacil is offline   #5 Reply With Quote