View Single Post
RicoTheBold

Old August 6th, 2018, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightpanda2810 View Post
I would assume you couldn't make a skill expert at 1 even if it starts at trained, but unsure how that works. I KNOW you can't add 2 ranks to one for Expert.
You know, I didn't even consider that. The rules say for initial skills:
Quote:
When you choose your character's class, you also select a number of skills equal to this number; your character gains the trained proficiency rank in those skills.
And for Skill Increases:

Quote:
This section specifies the levels at which your character can increase her proficiency rank in a skill. At 3rd level and every 2 levels thereafter, most classes grant a skill increase, though rogues gain them earlier and more often. Your character can use this skill increase to either become trained in one skill in which she’s untrained or become an expert in one skill in which she’s already trained.
If your character is at least 7th level, she can use this skill increase to become a master of a signature skill of which she’s already an expert. If she’s at least 15th level, she can use this increase to become legendary in a signature skill of which she’s already a master.
So it's failing at validation for when you're allowed to get expert when you start trained from something else, since that's supposed to only be at level 2 for rogues and level 3 for everyone else.
RicoTheBold is offline   #28 Reply With Quote