View Single Post
Decrayer

Old October 16th, 2015, 11:48 PM
Hi,

Im totally confused about the backups. This is what happened to me (crashes already reported):

I have a desktop and a laptop running RW. With the desktop, I updated to 201, then to 202. I did a sync and before I went to play I also updated my laptop to 202 and did a snyc. I run the game and synced the changes back. At home, I did a sync with my desktop and after that, I wasn't able to open my realm any longer. Short before all the UI element are finished to be filled, real works crashes with an "string index error" or so.

However, my laptop's RW kept running fine, so I wrote an email to support, reporting the error, describing it as best as I could and I continued working on the world on my laptop.

Today I see, that a new update appeared and they ask us, to use the backup that has been created when updating to 202... So I guess, that all the progress that I entered during the last session and all the dungeon and world info I added are lost? I've put about 2 days of work into the world since then, and because I can't open the world on two computers at the same time due to the license, I can't easily compare what I changed, so I'm really screwed because tomorrow I wanted to run the next game. Now I'm thinking if I would just leave the old 202 version that was working on my laptop for tomorrow and then trying to manually update all the changes from my laptop to my desktop.

Just a small proposal: Please implement a public "test branch", so that users can test a new build and after, say 2 weeks of no problems, switch that build to be the public release. That way, a lot of users can choose, if they want to keep an instable version that maybe corrupts their data, but use the newest features, or better go safe and use the old version.
Decrayer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote